BEDA 24: Part 2

Go read part one first. I'm adding this second one for several reasons....mostly because I didn't blog yesterday.

OKAY so I got a new layout....again. Basically there were some issues with my other one and the html wouldn't like, align right. It also had no dates showing up and it was just lame and making me frustrated. I like this one because it's all colorful and stuff as opposed to another one I was looking at that was brown are more "sophisticated." But I'm not really a "sophisticated" person so why not go with the wild one!

The stupid "home" and "faq" things don't work and I don't know how to fix that. I guess I'm not as html savvy as I thought, because I'm definitely having some issues with this. If anyone out there knows how to make those clickable, let me know!


So Tracy (good friend/audition buddy/fellow aspiring actor) moves to LA in a week and I'm kinda sad because we hang out all the time and now I will only be able to textually communicate with her. LA is only a 6 hour drive, though, so I'm not SUPER sad. Last night at Terra Nova we talked about the fears you have in your life that stop you from going for your dreams. Tracy had held off for so long in acting because it's definitely a tough world to get into. Other people (obviously) have different dreams that they want to pursue, and we talked about how common fear is, and how it's such a deciding factor in our actions.

Everyone is telling Tracy she is soooo crazy for moving to LA, or that whoever is sooo crazy for picking up and moving, or becoming a missionary, or leaving the country, I can't think of any other examples right now, but you get the point! I don't think it's crazy of her to do this at all (we talk about this all the time). Picking up and moving somewhere where you know no one just isn't that weird to me. I literally do not get it when people say she's crazy for doing this. Call me naive, but you move somewhere and make it work. Maybe you don't get to pursue exactly what you want for a while but you don't move somewhere and laze around and become homeless. You make it work. I guess I just don't have the fears that many people have. When Tracy decided to move to LA (I was there this whole process because I was supposed to be moving with her), my mindset was "of course! if that's what you've always wanted to do, why WOULDN'T you go?!" The reason I'm not going is purely for financial reasons, BUT with my new job I have hope that I will be able to pay off my laptop in a timely matter and start saving money to do whatever I want to do in the future, because money being the deciding factor in life decisions is just ridiculous.

I'll leave whoever reads this with that question, why aren't you pursuing what you want to in life? If you are, that's great. If it's because of financial reasons, save that monayyyy and work it out (I'm in that boat right now of "working it out). If it's because of fear....sorry, I don't relate. I'm totally not trying to sound mean, I just think that if you want something bad enough, you'll find a way to make it work, and if fear is what is overriding your passions and dreams, then I would really question if those are real passions and dreams you have, or just hobbies that you enjoy. If you want something bad enough, you WILL find a way to get it.

Adios amigos! :)

0 comments: