BEDA 18: NEW LAYOUT!

Yay for getting a new layout! My other one was so blah and boring and I didn't like it (even though I very much like the color purple) so yay for googling free templates. Hahaha.

This morning I had work from 8:30am-1:30pm and then I RUSHED home to change for my audition in Santa Cruz. I literally was at home 5 minutes and was barely able to throw on some decent clothes and grab some food. I then went and picked up Tracy (she is my good friend/audition buddy/fellow aspiring actress) so she could go with me to my audition/hang out in Santa Cruz afterwards. TRAFFIC WAS RIDICULOUS! Usually it takes 40 minutes or so to get to Santa Cruz but it took almost 2 hours to get there! CRAZY.

So I had a screen test and all that jazz and I ended up getting the role! It's a student film and I'm the lead and it will be all dandy and great and definitely something to add to my reel. So filming for that should start in a couple weeks.

After my audition I met back up with Tracy and we just hung out in Santa Cruz (downtown, NOT the beach) and talked and met a bunch of crazy people. It was like...80 degrees today? The warmest it's been for a while so that was interesting.

Here are pictures of downtown Santa Cruz:



These pictures don't do it justice but imagine a bunch of little boutiques and coffee shops and music stores and book stores and crazy granola eating hippies everywhere and musicians playing all along the street. Many many interesting and crazy characters all the time. It's fabulous, and my friends and I go there a lot during the summer just to hang out.


That whole adventure took up most of my day, so now I am home about to clean my disaster bedroom and do some homework (don't be too jealous of my crazy Saturday night plans)!

DFTBA :)

4 comments:



Anonymous said...

LOVE the new layout! So cute and fun!

Scott said...

Congrats on getting the role! I'm happy for you! I love the feeling of getting a role. I used to do musical theatre. Yay for things in common!

Anonymous said...

Ooh, new layoputs are exciting and this one is lovely :)

I noticed it's the same as Lauren from 5AG. Coincidence?

Your day sounds very exciting and as Scott said, Congrats on getting the role.

And Santa Cruz looks beautiful, as does the weather.

I got excited, imagining the "little boutiques and coffee shops and music stores and book stores". Sounds like my kind of place!

Hope you got your homework done.

Lauren Horst said...

Oh, I didn't realize it was the same as Lauren from 5AG! I didn't have her blog bookmarked. But the site I got the template on had this one under the top 10 downloads or whatever, so I'm sure I'll eventually find some others with the same layout.