BEDA 17: Rise N' Shine!

Ahhh good morning world! I am finally starting to feel better from my stupid cold. Getting sick is just so inconvenient. I managed, though, to not miss any work or school (minus dance). Yaay for getting well!

Here's my rant of the day (or maybe it's a not rant):
I think that people in your life NOT supporting you is a love/hate situation. I personally love it because in the end you prove them wrong....in the meantime though, it is very frustrating.
FOR EXAMPLE..
I very much enjoy acting/film/tv and all aspects of the entertainment industry. Say one want to pursue acting as a possible career choice? One would start off doing small things: commercials, student films, extras work. After one has the appropriate experience then one would move on to bigger projects/SAG/AFTRA.

"LAUREN! you are going to audition for something you are not even getting paid for?!!"

OH MY! I must have forgotten that I am the next Angelina Jolie and should be demanding from these people millions and millions of dollars....

Oh wait. I don't have that much experience yet, I come from a theatre background with not very much film work under my belt, and oh yeah...I can't do acting as a full time job because I AM A FULL TIME STUDENT AND WORK 25 HOURS A WEEK.

Why am I okay with not getting paid right now? Because it's for the experience. Because it's something I enjoy doing. Because it makes me happy and excited to be on set somewhere. So instead of focusing on whether or not it PAYS, shouldn't it be about whether or not I am having fun/pursuing my dreams?

I don't know if all artist's should work just for the money. There's an amount of satisfaction that goes into creating something people (and yourself) enjoy.

Yes, in the future when I live on my own and need to pay bills I will definitely be much more concerned about the financial aspects of the industry but right now in my life it's just fun.....and what's so wrong with that?

In the end, I am not pursuing acting to get rich. Almost all actors in this day and age work another job besides acting. So don't try and become an actor for the sole purpose of getting rich. I do it because I love it and go ahead let the insults fly about how "I'll never make it" and how I "should be getting paid instead of just wasting time." In one ear, and out the other. Clearly we do not all have the same priorities.


ON A LIGHTER NOTE!
I have a screen test tomorrow afternoon so that should be fun! Who doesn't love being in front of the camera?!! :D

I started reading 13 Little Blue Envelopes by Maureen Johnson last night. Pretty good so far! Maybe I'll spend most of today reading outside in the sun.

DFTBA!

1 comments:



Anonymous said...

Hey, turns out we're BEDA buddies!
I read 13 Little Blue Envelopes awhile ago, and I really really liked it! I hope you do too.
:)
Alissa