BEDA 2: Good Morning Starshine

Naturally, as any typical teenager, I enjoy waking up late in the morning. I pride myself on the ability to sleep at least 9 hours every night and still feel tired (har har har NOT).

This morning was different. This morning I woke up at the crack of dawn (7:13am) because of a dream I was having. It was one of those dreams where your reflexes start freaking out and your body just wakes you up. In this dream there was a martyr in a Jabbawockeez mask, Denzel Washington as my brilliant teacher, and a man who was the white version of Denzel Washington (this man looked EXACTLY like Denzel but with white skin. Rather odd).

Yes I know, this all sounds very strange. But the point of the story was that this white Denzel, the real Denzel, and a group of kids were all at my old high school being shot at by these crazed student killers. And they were dying for some cause (in my dream I didn't know what the cause was, but I guess it was an important one). They were running out and knew that they would be killed (I was in the far back of this escapade) and it was all just very exciting. Sure, being awoken at the crack of dawn because your bodies natural reflexes to the sight of people being shot and blood exploding everywhere isn't the ideal way to wake up, but I thought it was cool.

If you have a cause, and you are willing die for it, hey.....gotta give you props. I'd rather have one passionate person in the world than 100 people who aren't doing anything with their lives.

MOVING ON.

1. I found this really great website where a bunch of filmmakers have submitted short films that all have to be about a certain topic (I think there are five different ones-humility, forgiveness, freedom, joy and redemption). Now we get to vote on them for the month of April. Click here to go and watch some of the films (there are 97, I believe). I already have a few favorites, so feel free to ask me which ones I like. And yes, I'm planning to watch them all.

2. I am going to finish a book today. Yay. Now I can start on one of my new ones that Ally let me borrow.

3. Spring quarter starts on Monday (I'm on the waiting list for some classes, so hopefully I get in). I was going to take the quarter completely off of school but then I wouldn't have health insurance and yadadada..... so I thought, if I'm going to be in school semi against my will, I'm going to take: intro to film, ballet, jazz, film genres, and theatre appreciation. Two points for taking classes that you enjoy (instead of taking math/english/science/important classes).

Peace up buttercups, and DFTBA :)

1 comments:



Holly said...

I have one of these too! Poor livejournal is getting left in the dust.

Your class schedule sounds fantastic.