Welcome to Seattle!

Last night after Terra Nova, someone had the brilliant idea that we should go on a night hike in Los Gatos. As much as I love our weekly after party of In N' Out and Starbucks every week, it's nice to change it up every once in a while. So we all drove over to the Los Gatos hills and ended up hiking like 3 miles(?) uphill to the top of this mountain with an amazing view. I can offically say I am out of shape due to me being winded from this adventure, and feeling sore today. HA! Definitely worth it though.

Mandie and I then went to Michael's house and proceeded to lay on his bed for the next two hours (by this time it was like 2:30am). Let me remind you that when it starts to get into the early hours of the morning (4am+) Lauren gets a litttttle loopy. I begin to make Paris Hilton-esque comments that do not exactly showcase my brilliance to it's full extent. But I guess it provides entertainment for everyone present! I also thought my car wouldn't start when I left at 5am but it turns out I was trying to start my car with my HOUSE KEY.

Got home, did some laundry, and slept from 5:30am-9:30am. I got up, packed for Seattle, and was out the door by 10:45am. 2 points for me!

My airport/flying experience was actually NOT traumatizing this time! Usually I am stuck on jam packed planes and I get super anxious because I'm terrified of being in a plane crash and so I semi-freak out the whole flight and spend 75% of the time praying that the plane doesn't crash. I also have the amazing ability to pick fabulous people to sit next to (creepy men, smelly people, screaming children, etc.). As I was standing in line (number C-25 which means I was one of the last 10 people to get on the flight) the airport man said "Just so you know, this is a completely full flight and so take whatever seat you see first." FABULOUS......not. SO I'm walking down the aisle trying to find a nice lady or someone my age to sit next to but alas. There are NO SEATS. I make my way to the backish and this man is pointing at me and asking me to come sit in his middle seat between him and another man! Let's just say both of them were 6 feet+ and looked like members of ZZ Top. Luckily some other man took that seat and the ZZ Top guy goes "Aww we wanted you to sit with us because we were trying to find a small person!" I was like.."hehhh sorry!"

I ended up getting a window seat next to a cool Christian guy and his wife. I NEVER SIT NEXT TO NORMAL PEOPLE and I was so happy! He was reading a book by John Ortberg I think, so we talked about Christian lit for a little while and while I was filling out paperwork he, apparently was watching what I was doing because he asked me where South Hills was. His pregnant wife was cute and I just had a very peaceful flight. Yaay flying!

Now I am in Seattle watching Dateline, and hopefully will be going to bed soon even though I took a 2 hour nap from 5:30-7:30pm. Back home on Monday morning! :)

1 comments:



Stephanie said...

Night Hike? That sounds awesome (and no sand involved).