They say rain makes people crazy.

Yesterday was a very interesting day. It went from good to bad to good to bad and then good, then it ended very interestingly....

I got my hair done by the fabulous Cory Nowicki. She had an interview at a salon and needed a hair model, which was perfect because I was going to go back blonde anyway (but was waiting until I had more money) and she cut my hair/highlighted/dyed it for free! Yay for that. The only bad part was this whole ordeal was supposed to take 2-3 hours but ended up taking almost 6.

Now, I was supposed to be in Santa Cruz at 4pm for some pre-production stuff for the film I'm in. I got home from hair stuff at about 3pm, and then had to eat, cash a check at the bank, and get gas, AND be in Santa Cruz by 4pm. Clearly, this wasn't going to all fit into an hour.

In my frenzy, I decide to hit up Mcdonalds for some food. I am clearly driving with road rage because I'm running late and haven't eaten since 8:30am and I'm hungry and angry and it's not a fun and happy situation! I pull up to Mcdonalds to find a long line of cars. OF COURSE! It's finally my turn and here is the conversation:
Man: "Uhhm hello, welcome to Mcdonalds, cash only?"
Me: "Uhmm sorry I don't have any cash"
Man: "Ohh, no uhm cash uhm cash only"
Me: "Uhhh SORRY, I don't have any cash"
Man: "Ohhh okay, cash only"
Me: "............."

SO I have to sit there and drive past the window where I should be receiving my food and wait for all the other cars, just wasting my time. THEN, I thought of a grand idea! I will just go inside and order my food. Surely the credit card machine will be working. I parked and went inside and of course there was a line inside. FINALLY, FINALLY it's my turn! I order and get my total and am ready to swipe my card...

Lady: "Hi, just so you know we only take cash"
Me: "THANKS! BYE!"

I think I said this a little louder then necessary, but I was very frustrated at the fact that this stupid Mcdonalds only takes cash. I have been here about a gazillion other times and they took cards before! What's the deal? I was running late, people! I didn't even really want Mcdonalds, I just had no time to get anything good!

So THAT, folks is why you should never go to Mcdonalds.


I ended up getting my check cashed at the bank and running to Togo's before hitting the road to Santa Cruz. The time that I got onto the freeway was 3:36pm. We all know that there is no way you are getting to downtown Santa Cruz and parking in 24 minutes. It was also pouring rain and driving 17 wasn't exactly my cup of tea. It was foggy and I couldn't see and I was by myself and the radio station I wanted to listen to didn't have service up in the mountains.

The good news was that my director and other actor I was meeting with were also running late so it all turned out okay.
After that, I rushed back to San Jose, picked up Tom, went to Kevin's show, went to Nina's, and came home.

I guess even though part of the day was stressful, the good outweighed the bad.

This morning I answered the phone:

Me: "Hello?"
Lady: "Hello!"
Me: "Hello..."
....awkward silence....
Lady: "Is your mom or dad home?"
Me: "No, can I take a message?"
Lady: "Ohh, no I'll call later" *hangs up*

Hmm, if I remember correctly, I am 19 years old (old enough to buy lottery tickets/fight for our country/buy cigarettes/order off infomercials/etc.) and she asked for my mom or dad? Typically when I answer the phone people THINK I am my mother. Apparently my voice sounds like a child today? Interesting.
I then proceeded to run back and sit on my heater wrapped up in a blanket and finish watching Jack. I guess I am still a little kid at heart..

Now it's time to be grown up and do some laundry, unload the dishwasher, and run errands.

DFTBA! :)

3 comments:



Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ted said...

yikes remind me not to be around you during the rain and turning your hair different colors!

Stephanie said...

Sounds like a roller coaster...crazy!