Why my film paper sucked.

Last night I tried to write a paper for my film class.
Here are the following 4 interruptions that happened:

#1 My mother yells down the hall towards my room "LAUREN! HANNAH MONTANA IS ON CHANNEL 3!"

Me: "Haa...okay mom, thanks!"

#2 My mother comes into my room a few minutes later, "Actually it is a special on Taylor Swift but Haley Cyrus or whatever was just on it also.."

Me: "It's Miley."
Mom: "Whaaa?"
Me: "Miley Cyrus, nevermind I already saw that thing on Taylor Swift."

#3 My brother playing drums.
This happens quite often at my home, but last night it was just more annoying than usual.

#4 My mother comes into my room, yet again! "Lauren, did you hear Miley Cyrus and Justin Gaston broke up!?"

Me: "Yes mom, they are definitely dunzo." (Laguna Beach reference anyone?)
Mom: "Aww, that's sadzo!"
Me: ........I'm trying to write a paper...


I also was explaining to my mom how I watched Pulp Fiction today in my film class and how it stars Uma Thurman, John Travolta, Samuel L. Jackson, etc. but it is a movie she would still hate.

She then informed me that John Travolta's son passed away. I then informed her that I indeed did hear about that when it was all over the news in JANUARY.

Do I seem like the kind of person who lives under a rock? Really mom, really?! I may sound a little harsh, I love my mother but when it comes to pop culture...I just feel like she might not be the sharpest crayon in the box! LOVE YOU MOM! :)

In other words, at least I have Tracy to discuss Laguna Beach and the Hills with, and I have Joey and Chloe to talk about Heroes with, and I have everyone to talk about SYTYCD with! YAY SYTYCD!

Off to bed now, work tomorrow at the crack of dawn! And payday is Monday! Thank goodness, I have exactly $9.00 in my bank account left and not very much gas in my car. This could potentially be an issue. Oh well, I'll attack that problem when it becomes unavoidable!

Goodnight kiddos!

2 comments:



Hannah Noelle said...

This doesn't have to do with your film paper, but I'm really glad that you are going on the grad trip! And I heard you're a non roller-coaster person which I'm happy about also :).

Lauren Horst said...

YAYY! I KNOW! I just found out yesterday that I was going and I'm suuuper excited. Chris told me you and Austin both don't like roller coasters which means we will be spending a loooot of time together since I don't go on them EVER. Hahaha. See you on Monday! :)