Aww!

This poor blog! I have totally abandoned in. I definitely got a tumblr account and thought about completely stopping posting all this all together, but I just couldn't say bye to this poor little blog. I just read over my earlier post about trying to write my film paper while I had my mom's pop culture excitement interrupting my paper and I laughed for like 5 minutes. That's what blogs
are for, to help you remember funny/awesome things that happen in life.

Anyways, today I had this completely awesome God moment where I have understood grace and love to a further extent than I ever have before. I follow Rob Bell on Twitter and he posted all these tweets that were kind of...modified versions of the Beatitudes in Matthew 5. It was so encouraging and I just had this realization of
what grace is, and how we are called to love other people.

I thought of it like this:

You are in 2nd grade and you are learning addition and subtraction and all that (4+2=?) and all of a sudden you become an arithmetic master. You and your 2nd grade brain think you know everything about math because
now you've mastered addition. Then all of a sudden your teacher throws a calculus book at you and you are just dumbfounded. You obviously have no idea how to tackle calculus! You didn't even know that
this kind of math existed in the world!

That was kind of my realization this morning. I think that I have a competent understanding of grace and love and what it means to love and have grace for other people, and then God just says BAM and throws a whole new thing my way. I don't even understand a fraction of what it means to care for other people the way Jesus calls us
to.

I'm inspired now. I'm inspired to care for others in a completely new way. I'm inspired to give grace to
people in an entirely new way. I'm inspired and hopeful for the difference I can make to other people. The other night my mom said to me, "Lauren, just remember you can't save the world" and in a way, I'm
inspired to save the world.

This may make no sense and all, and for those of you that bear through reading this whole thing though it might make no sense to you, thanks for reading. I guess writing helps me process my thoughts better, so thanks fr
joining me in the journey of self-awareness. :)

dftba<3

2 comments:



Stephanie said...

I loved your math analogy...it made great sense.

Shiloh Mae said...

Wow! that makes so much sense...